Below are a selection of links to other pieces I have written, comments of mine, media appearances, or other things I was involved in that I wanted to share.
- I wrote an article for Eurasianet on what the risks were for various Central Asian and Caucasian economies from the Turkish lira’s rapid depreciation here.
- Kazakhstan is Catching Up. Riddle. (Russian version available) – a look at various gdp indicators on a per capital basis in Russia and Kazakhstan and what they mean for regional politics and economics.
- Quoted (in Russian) by RBK on the introduction of the DAASKA sanctions bill by a bipartisan group of US Senators here.
- I gave some quotes on the history of Uzbek-Tajik tensions to Joseph Hammond for the Defense Post. Read his 30 July article, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan: No more dam problems here.
- Quoted by Bloomberg discussing geo-economics and its impact on metals markets here. 5 July 2018.
- Quoted by Bloomberg on political risks affecting Glencore here.
- Moving on up to the state’s side: Transferring sanctioned private risks to the state is already under way. BMB Russia. Published by the Foreign Policy Research Institute.
- Quoted by CNBC saying I did not see a SWIFT ban on Russia as likely, and that Russia’s attempts to build up an alternative system would have little impact if it was enacted here.
- For Navalny, Foreign and Domestic Policy Are One. Carnegie Moscow Center Blog. Co-Written with Lincoln Pigman. 21 May 2018.
- Rosneft’s Role As Venezuela’s Lender of Last Resort. Riddle. 18 May 2018. Also available in Russian here.
- China Has Decided Russia Is Too Risky an Investment. Foreign Policy. 16 May 2018. (on the collapsed Rosneft- CEFC China Energy deal). Translated into Russian by InoSMI here.
- Zapret a Manger: Washington ups the pressure on elites abroad. BMB Russia. Published by the Foreign Policy Research Institute.
- Further quotes in Bloomberg on Russia sanctions / Rusal here.
- Quoted in Bloomberg discussing Russia sanctions on Rusal and their impact here.
- Interview with CNBC’s Joumanna Bercetche on ‘Beryozki’ Bonds and the affect of sanctions on Russian bond issuances. CNBC.
- Life’s a birch: Russia’s investors aren’t rushing in to buy MinFin’s new bonds. BMB Russia. Published by the Foreign Policy Research Institute.
- The Politics Beneath Rosneft’s Bottom Line. The Intersection Project. (Russian version available).
- Quoted by CNBC on why unilateral UK/EU sanctions over the Skripal murder were not likely, yet, here.
- Discussing Britain’s accusation that Russia was behind the poisoning of a former double agent in Salisbury, England. Deutsche Welle.
- Option a la Rosneft: Beijing’s geoeconomic play for Russian oil. BMB Russia. Published by the Foreign Policy Research Institute.
- Chat on CNBC’s Squawk Box about the sanctions introduced under the Countering America’s Allies Through Adversaries Act (CAATSA) and the so-called ‘Oligarchs list’ released by the Trump administration as part of it.
- Quoted by RFE/RL discussing the so-called ‘Oligarchs list’ as saying it will label those affected as ‘politically-exposed persons’ but the overly wide net cast will take away much of its impact here. I gave similar quotes to Vice News here.